Tuesday, April 30, 2013

ProTrack Audible Altimeter Log Data Format


Since I have now, in the last year, moved to nearly exclusively "Smart Phone" for my daily information consumption and logging of events (photos, thoughts, and random musings) I realized that Skydiving was one place that I hadnt yet made much headway in.

I had gone all digital about September last year when I finally got a GoPro2 from Skydive San Diego, and installed Tom Cain's excellent Skydiving Log Book ( also the Facebook Page for Skydive Log Book ) but I still landed on the ground had to run to my car and upload the data into my laptop. Seriously though who leaves a $3,000 USD laptop lying around!

So I started to wonder if I could get my really awesome ProTrack Audible Altimeter log data saved into my phone.

The first step was the Audio Modem (see a future post - but dont hold your breath) to plug into the Cell Phone MIC/EAR jack, and the second step is the interface board to do all that magic (also a future post) and the final step was the ProTrack Audible Altimeter Log Data Format that I needed in order to convert it into something useful for the log book.

If you love skydiving why not love a Larsen & Brusgaard ProTrack?

Larsen & Brusgaard ProTrack - Low Power never looked Sexier!


No comments:

Post a Comment